Tuesday, April 14, 2015

// // Leave a Comment

Epic Fail: Runner prematurely celebrates win, gets passed at finish line


This is the most unfortunate way to lose a race. 

Tanguy Pepiot, steeplechase runner from University of Oregon thought the race is already over and prematurely celebrates win. Unfortunately, it's not yet over, so Simon Meron gets passed him at finish line. 

Pepiot slowed down and waved to the crowd not knowing Simon Meron is just a foot away. Meron took the opportunity and charged down to the finish line leaving Pepiot shocked. Pepiot lost just by 0.10 seconds according to the judges.

oregon, track, run, fail, steeplechase, washington, runner, celebrate, face, funny, pass, last, second, win, crowd, Hayward Field, pepsi, invite, Tanguy Pepiot, Junior Meron, field, and


"I thought I was by my self, like, far in front of the second guy," Pepiot said. "I saw [Simon] on the screen, I tried to pick up, he just got me on the line. I'm not proud of myself right now, but it's a good lesson for me, I think, not to do this in the future. Next time I'll just run the whole final stretch and celebrate in the victory lap."

0 facebook-blogger:

Post a Comment